Re: PG 12 draft release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PG 12 draft release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 08:51:34PM +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> I wonder if commits 0ba06e0bf and 40cfe8606 are worth mentioning
> in the release notes.  They make "pg_test_fsync" work correctly
> on Windows for the first time.

I don't know about this point specifically.  Improving support for
pg_test_fsync on Windows is just a side effect of the first commit
which benefits all frontend tools (the second commit is an
embarrassing bug fix for the first one).  And at the same time we
don't really add in the release notes low-level improvements like
these ones.
--
Michael

Attachment