Re: doc: mention pg_reload_conf() in pg_hba.conf documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: doc: mention pg_reload_conf() in pg_hba.conf documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:47:18PM +0900, Ian Barwick wrote:
> Hi
>
> I noticed the documentation for pg_hba.conf:
>
>   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auth-pg-hba-conf.html
>
> says:
>
>     you will need to signal the postmaster (using pg_ctl reload or kill -HUP) to
>     make it re-read the file.
>
> It would be useful to mention pg_reload_conf() as another option here, as done
> elsewhere in the docs.
>
> Patch with suggested change attached.

Oh, good point.  Not sure how we missed that, but I had to fix a mention
in pg_hba.conf a while ago too.  Also, there were two mentions in that
file, so I fixed them both with the attached patch.  Backpatched to 9.4.

Attachment