Re: pg_stat_database update stats_reset only by pg_stat_reset - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_stat_database update stats_reset only by pg_stat_reset
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 04:34:20PM +0200, Daniel Verite wrote:
> I can understand why you'd want that resetting the stats for a single object
> would not reset the per-database timestamp, but this would revert a 8+ years
> old decision that seems intentional and has apparently not been criticized
> since then (based on searching for pg_stat_reset_single_table_counters in
> the archives) . More opinions are probably needed in favor of this
> change (or against, in which case the fate of the patch might be a
> rejection).

I agree with Daniel that breaking an 8-year-old behavior may not be of
the taste of folks relying on the current behavior, particularly
because we have not had complains about the current behavior being
bad.  So -1 from me.
--
Michael

Attachment