Re: pgpool, pgmaster and pgslave migration to ubuntu 18.04 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: pgpool, pgmaster and pgslave migration to ubuntu 18.04
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hi,
>
> I'm exploring the options to migrate postgresql master, slave along with
> pgpool from ubuntu14.04 to 18.04. Please help me understand the following.
>
> 1. What are the available options for migrating from one version of O/S to
> the other (Here ubuntu 14.04 to 18.04) ?
> 2. Document references.
> 3. Any best practices.
> 4. I'm assuming that migrating pgpool and pgmaster,slave can be done
> separately and there isn't any dependency between them. (I mean first I can
> separately migrate pgpool and then later migrate pgmaster/slave) is that
> correct?

As far as Pgpool-II concerns, that's generally true. I don't know what
version of Pgpool-II you are using, and trying to migrate to but if
you are using Pgpool-II dedicated extensions, be sure to upgrade them
as well. For more information regarding Pgpool-II version up, please
refer to the release notes sections.

https://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Documentation

Best regards,
--