Re: Localization - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Localization
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2019-May-30, Yonatan Misgan wrote:

> Hello Dear, how are you doing? I am Yonathan Misgan from Ethiopia.
> Currently I am working on open source database localization. I highly
> requested your advice on how to support my hard code in PostgreSQL. I
> am developed Ethiopian locales after all I have difficulties on how to
> use this locale. How can am I include the locales into the developed
> environment. I mean where I put and how can I use this my own locale
> file. For example, I have the resource files of Ethiopian locale (the
> XML file) and the hard code part for the calendar but where I put this
> file in PostgreSQL to access as Ethiopian locale and in what format
> also I need to put. Thank you.

I'm not sure what's the localization XML you're talking about -- we
don't have any such thing in Postgres.  We do have localization in
Postgres, but it's used for error messages, the output of --help of
various programs, and so on.  The way to start there is to see
https://babel.postgresql.org about getting your language added; there
are other important links in that page also.

If that's not what you meant, I think you'll have to explain more.