Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:35:25PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:08 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I don't understand why you want to make things such black boxes.  It is
>> what it is, and some users (not all) will want to understand.  People
>> who have already tested pg11 and found it insufficient may give pg12 a
>  second look if we tell them we have fixed the deficiencies they found.
>
> +1. The major features list should be accessible, but otherwise I
> think that we should add more detail.

+1.  Another thing which may matter is that if some people do not see
some improvements they were expecting then they can come back to pg13
and help around with having these added.  Things are never going to be
perfect for all users, and it makes little sense to make it sound like
things are actually perfect.
--
Michael

Attachment