Re: "Routine Reindexing" docs should be updated to reference REINDEXCONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: "Routine Reindexing" docs should be updated to reference REINDEXCONCURRENTLY
Date
Re: "Routine Reindexing" docs should be updated to reference REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 01:34:41PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> The documentation has a section called "Routine Reindexing", which
> explains how to simulate REINDEX CONCURRENTLY with a sequence of
> creation and replacement steps. This should be updated to reference
> the REINDEX CONCURRENTLY command.

Agreed, good catch.  I would suggest to remove most of the section and
just replace it with a reference to REINDEX CONCURRENTLY, as per the
attached.  What do you think?
--
Michael

Attachment