Re: BUG #15759: Lot of idle connection created by "SETextra_float_digits = 3" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: BUG #15759: Lot of idle connection created by "SETextra_float_digits = 3"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:04:25AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
>Bug reference:      15759
>Logged by:          anup singh
>Email address:      midas.anup@gmail.com
>PostgreSQL version: 10.7
>Operating system:   linux
>
>Lot of idle connection created by "SET extra_float_digits = 3" which is
>killing our applicaiton.

SET extra_float_digits = 3 (or any other SET command) does not create any
connections at all. It's much more likely your application opens a new
connection, executes the SET command on it (so it's in pg_stat_activity)
and then goes to do something else.

If that's not the case, we need much more information. Why do you think
the SET command is creating idle connections?

regards