Re: pgAdmin 4 v4.5 released - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: pgAdmin 4 v4.5 released
Date
List pgadmin-support
Re: Dave Page 2019-04-11 <CA+OCxoyb3WKj5u+uV+A_4SK_7i15oK4dT01ziDJ5CPma5285zA@mail.gmail.com>
> > Fwiw, this release broke compatibility with the sphinx version in
> > Ubuntu xenial (16.04), 1.3.6-2ubuntu1.2.
>
> Hmm, that was changed in 4.4. I assume Xenial has an ancient version of
> Sphinx?

1.3, as said above.

> Can a newer version be used for running the build? It doesn't need to be
> there at runtime.

I'd rather not get into the business of maintaining a sphinx backport.
Such packages tend to have a gazillion of dependencies for plugins.

I haven't verified the result, are the tables expected to look very
bad now that I removed the :widths: options? It will be a little bit
annoying to maintain that patch, but it's not really that bad.

Christoph