Re: Add exclusive backup deprecation notes to documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Add exclusive backup deprecation notes to documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-03-18 23:35:07 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 11:13 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > > I don't view it as up for much debate.
> >
> > In other words, you're not willing to listen to what other people
> > think about this issue.
>
> I have listened, but unfortunately the discussion just revolves around
> "oh, it isn't actually all that bad", which, no, isn't something that's
> going to sway my opinion.

I think you're right about the original issue. But at some point you
just gotta settle for not everyone agreeing with you (and me). Just
pushing forward hard won't achieve anything.  Nobody says you need to
agree with people saying "it's not all that bad", but that doesn't mean
you should just try to push forward at full speed.

Greetings,

Andres Freund