Re: 9.0 standby - could not open file global/XXXXX - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: 9.0 standby - could not open file global/XXXXX
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Filip Rembiałkowski (filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com) wrote:
> There is a large (>5T) database on PostgreSQL 9.0.23.

First off, I hope you understand that 9.0 has been *long* out of
support and that you *really* need to upgrade to a supported version of
PostgreSQL (9.4 and up these days...).

> I would like to setup new WAL-shipping standby.
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/warm-standby.html
>
> On my way I find unexpected issues. Here's the story, in short:
>
> 1. WAL archiving to remote archive is setup & verified
>
> 2. base backup is transferred directly to new server using
> pg_start_backup + rsync + pg_stop_backup.
>
> 3. recovery.conf is created
>
> 4. Server is started and consumes all the remaining WAL segments
> accumulated in the archive - finishing with optimistic message LOG:
> consistent recovery state reached at 9FC1/112BEE10.
>
> 5. When I go to postgres on the standby and try to connect system
> "postgres" database psql: FATAL:  could not open file "global/11819":
> No such file or directory

That seems pretty odd- does that file exist on the existing database
system..?

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment