Re: Logical replication and restore from pg_basebackup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Logical replication and restore from pg_basebackup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 05:39:49PM +0300, Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:
> Do I understand correctly that logical replication and recovery from
> pg_basebackup are incompatible things?

When using physical streaming replication, it is mandatory to have
nodes with a system ID matching, meaning that all nodes have been
created from the same source instance.  With logical replication,
nodes are separate entities from this point of view, hence you may be
able to make a logical copy from a base backup, however this is not
really necessary as changes are exchanged in a logical shape.
--
Michael

Attachment