Re: pgsql: Use better comment marker in Autoconf input - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Use better comment marker in Autoconf input
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2019-02-09 14:57:27 +0000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Use better comment marker in Autoconf input
>
> The comment marker "#" is copied to the output, so it's only
> appropriate for comments that make sense in the shell output.  For
> comments about the Autoconf language, "dnl" should be used.

Weirdly enough this might have had some sideeffects. According to
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=elver&dt=2019-02-09%2014%3A58%3A09
this is where elver started to fail. I'd for a minute just put this down
to an independent upgrade on the animal, but the other branches still
build fine.   I'm somewhat confused.

Greetings,

Andres Freund