Re: pgsql: Remove references to Majordomo - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove references to Majordomo
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

> On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 2:28 AM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> > > Does this also implicitly mean we've just agreed to push back the
> > > retirement of the @postgresql.org aliases for the lists until v11 is
> > > EOL..?
> > >
> > > I can understand the concern around translators and back-patching and
> > > such, but I don't think we should be waiting another 5 years before we
> > > retire those aliases as having them is preventing us from moving forward
> > > with other infrastructure improvements to our email systems.
> >
> > What are those blocked infrastructure improvements?
>
> +1 for that question.  I find myself wondering what infrastructure
> improvements could possibly be important enough to justify rushing
> this change (or for that matter, ever making it at all).

The specific improvements we're talking about are DKIM/DMARC/SPF, which
is becoming more and more important to making sure that the email from
our lists can actually get through to the subscribers.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment