Re: could recovery_target_timeline=latest be the default in standbymode? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: could recovery_target_timeline=latest be the default in standbymode?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:17:48AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Attached revised 0002 with those changes.

This one looks fine.

> In that test, if I change the 'current' to 'latest', the test doesn't
> fail, so it's probably not a good test.

I can see your point.  You would need a diverging timeline to test for
'latest', which can surely be done as part of 003_recovery_targets.pl.
It seems to me that that the test has initial value to make sure that
we replay up to the end of the produced timeline's data, which is
something untested now as the script has only restart points set to
before the end of the timeline.  If you think that's not a good
addition now, I am also fine to not include it.
--
Michael

Attachment