Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 11:42:49AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 01.01.2019, 11:38 +0900 schrieb Michael Paquier:
>> About 3), aka --verify implied if no action is specified:
>> - In favor: Fabien C, Magnus
>> - Against: Michael P
>
> I think I'm in favor as well.

Okay, it looks to be the direction to take then.

> I wonder whether we (or packagers) could then just ship a
> pg_verify_checksums -> pg_checksums symlink for compatibility if we/they
> want, as the behaviour would stay the same?

In the v10 dev cycle this part has been discarded for the switch from
pg_xlogdump to pg_waldump.  I don't think that's worth bothering this
time either in the build.
--
Michael

Attachment