Re: First-draft release notes for back-branch releases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: First-draft release notes for back-branch releases
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Andrew Gierth (andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk) wrote:
> Do we need to add anything in the release notes about possible
> complications in upgrading caused by the 65f39408ee71 / 56535dcdc9e2
> issue?
>
> If upgrading from the immediately prior point releases to this one, then
> the shutdown of the previous version might have left an incorrect min
> recovery point in pg_control, yes? So the error could then occur when
> starting the new version, even though the bug is now apparently fixed.

Based on the discussion on IRC and Andrew's comments above, it seems to
me like we should really highlight this.  Would be nice if we could
include some information about what to do if someone is bit by this
also...

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment