Re: Log timestamps at higher resolution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Log timestamps at higher resolution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Oct-25, David Fetter wrote:

> > I didn't intend to add anything else later. I don't think we have
> > any variables that zero padding would be that useful for, but maybe
> > someone might want to zero pad their pids or xids... ?
>
> They might, so I'll either put in a comment where that would go or
> just implement it.

I've never seen a need for zero-padding XIDs or PIDs, frankly.  Can you
imagine the mess if we ever grew XIDs to 64 bits?  And what about
OS-level configurability of PIDs?  I don't know that there's a good way
to learn their widths.

I don't think it's worth of a comment even.