Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards
Date
Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards  (Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Oct-24, Chapman Flack wrote:

> Inspired by the wiki page on PostgreSQL vs SQL Standard in general,
> I have made another wiki page specifically about $subject. I hope
> this was not presumptuous, and invite review / comment. I have not
> linked to it from any other page yet.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_vs_SQL/XML_Standards

Wow, that's ... overwhelming.  (I do wonder if we should stop relying on
libxml2 and instead look for something supporting XQuery).

Would you review Markus Winand patch here?
https://postgr.es/m/8BDB0627-2105-4564-AA76-7849F028B96E@winand.at
I think doing that would probably point out a couple of ways in which
our XMLTABLE implementation is non-conformant, and then fixes it :-)
I've been unsure as to applying it to all branches since 10 or just to
master.