Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 12:41:04AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I’d also like to give David Steele a chance to comment on the specific API,
> and any other backup tools authors, which I don’t think we should be
> rushing into anyway and I would think we’d only put into master..

By the way, we need to do something for the checksum verification code
in base backups for v11 as well.  If you enable checksums and take a
base backup of a build with EXEC_BACKEND, then this creates spurious
checksums failures.  That's a bug.  So while I agree that having a
larger robust API is fine for HEAD, I would most likely not back-patch
it.  This is why I would suggest as a first step for HEAD and v11 to use
a whitelist for base backups, to check for temporary tablespaces in
pg_verify_checksums, to move isRelFileName into src/common/ and to keep
the change minimalistic.
--
Michael

Attachment