Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> >> Seems like a job for a new(?) module in src/common/.
>
> > Yeah, that would be nice...  Even nicer would be a way for non-core PG
> > tools to be able to use it (we have basically the same thing in
> > pgbackrest, unsurprisingly), though I realize that's a much larger step.
>
> We install libpgcommon.a (and, as of HEAD, libpgcommon_shlib.a) for
> precisely that sort of reason.

Hmm, yeah, we might be able to use that for this..  One challenge we've
been thinking about has been dealing with multiple major versions of PG
with one build of pgbackrest since we'd really like to do things like
inspect the control file, but that changes between versions.  We do have
multi-version code in some places (quite a bit in pg_dump..) so perhaps
we could have libpgcommon support also.

Probably a topic for another thread.

Thanks!

Stephen