Re: PL/Java 1.5.1 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: PL/Java 1.5.1
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Chapman Flack 2018-10-19 <5BC92CB0.2020007@anastigmatix.net>
> Was there some objection in principle (or maybe just download size) to
> building with -Psaxon-examples ?

I'm just lacking time atm, I filed your last mail as
https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/postgresql-pljava/issues/1
so it doesn't get lost completely.

> If it is not objectionable, my preference would be to build with that
> option (whenever the PG version >= 8.4 anyway).
>
> A lot of the examples are just toy learning aids or tests, but the Saxon
> examples are there for a useful, non-trivial purpose: to give real SQL:2006+
> XML Query functionality, which core PG still lacks.
>
> So I would like to make it as easy as possible for the user to try out
> those examples. Even leaving the Saxon library as an optional download,
> so one extra thing would have to be downloaded before those examples
> work, that would still be less fuss than having to build the example
> code separately AND download the library.
>
> What do you think?

It makes a lot of sense. If I should forget, could you ping me again
once the whole upload-everything-for-PG11 dust has settled in a few
weeks?

Christoph