Re: Looking for an older PG 10.0 rpm for Centos 7.X 64bit - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Looking for an older PG 10.0 rpm for Centos 7.X 64bit
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Greetings,

With version 10, PostgreSQL changed to a two-digit numbering system,
therefore, there is no "10.0.x", and version 10.5 is a bug-fix only
release addressing issues in major version 10.  Unlike in prior versions
of PostgreSQL, 10.5 is a *minor* version update, not a major version
change.

I'd encourage you to review the release notes between 10.0 and 10.5, we
fixed quite a few bugs, including some security-related issues, and to
versioning policy of the PostgreSQL project.

Thanks!

Stephen

* Kathy Taylor (kathy.taylor@fujifilm.com) wrote:
> Hello --
>
> I need to find an rpm for Postgresql server 10.0, not 10.5.  I need it for
> Atlassian tools whose developers say they have not tested with 10.5 yet and
> therefore it is not supported.  I looked all over your site and cannot find
> earlier releases of 10.X.  Would you be able to point me to a 10.0.X
> version of PG server?  This is for Centos 7.X 64 bit.  I would prefer not
> to install from source if possible.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kathy Taylor
>
> ********
> Kathy Kost Taylor
> UNIX/LINUX Systems Administrator
> FUJIFILM Holdings America Corp. IT
> @FUJIFILM SonoSite - Bothell, WA
> 425-951-1345
> kathy.taylor@fujifilm.com <kathy.kost@sonosite.com>
>
> --
> NOTICE:  This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of
> the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, sensitive and/or
> privileged information, or information otherwise prohibited from
> dissemination or disclosure by law or regulation, including applicable
> export regulations.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying,
> dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is
> strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact
> the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including
> all attachments, and any copies thereof.

Attachment