Re: you need this kind of explanation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: you need this kind of explanation
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 08:05:33AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/index.html
>
> right off the bat, you should have this kind of explanation up there in
> chapter 1:
> https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/what-is-the-default-password-for-postgresql/
>
> this will orient any noobs immediately.
>
> also, the word "role" and "user" should not be used interchangebly. they
> mean different things.

If you have any improvements that you think are adapted about the
documentation of Postgres, please feel free to provide any patch of base
patch that you could use for discussion.  I am not sure if any kind of
information provided in the blog post you are mentioning above makes
much sense though, as the way Postgres is packaged, installed, deployed
and configured depends heavily on the way a given distribution or OS
wants to set it up, which could have many different requirements.
--
Michael

Attachment