Re: Flexible configuration for full-text search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksandr Parfenov
Subject Re: Flexible configuration for full-text search
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 18:50:38 +0300
Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>Agreed, backward compatibility is important here.  Probably we should
>leave old dictionaries for that.  But I just meant that if we
>introduce new (better) way of stop words handling and encourage users
>to use it, then it would look strange if default configurations work
>the old way...

I agree with Alexander. The only drawback I see is that after addition
of new dictionaries, there will be 3 dictionaries for each language: old
one, stop-word filter for the language, and stemmer dictionary.

Also, the new approach will solve ambiguity in case of 'simple'
dictionary. Currently, it filters stop-words for the language, which
was selected during DB initialization.

--
Aleksandr Parfenov
Russian Postgres Company