Re: "System roles" mentioned in psql documentation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: "System roles" mentioned in psql documentation
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 10:53:35AM +0200, Jürgen Purtz wrote:
> This inconsistency is part of the more general problem that we miss a
> chapter, where our basic terms like 'database', 'cluster', 'segment',
> 'catalog', 'schema', ... are explicitly defined.

You may have a point here, not in the way of reworking entirely the
documentation, but in the fact that we may want to use "system objects"
instead of "system roles".  I am not personally sure that it is a better
improvement than using "default roles", but that's a point to raise.
--
Michael

Attachment