Re: How to revoke privileged from PostgreSQL's superuser - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: How to revoke privileged from PostgreSQL's superuser
Date
Re: How to revoke privileged from PostgreSQL's superuser  (Benedict Holland <benedict.m.holland@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, Aug  6, 2018 at 06:19:55AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Monday, August 6, 2018, <bejita0409@yahoo.co.jp> wrote:
>

>     I have a request for revoking the access to user's data from DBA-user.
>     I think the request is right because users should be the only ones can
>     access their data.
>

> User then needs to encrypt data prior to storing it.  Superuser can still
> access the data but would be challenged to make sense of it,

Keep in mind DBAs can often remove data with little detection, unless
you are using some kind of block chain, which itself can force
serialized data access, slowing things down.