Re: REINDEX and shared catalogs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: REINDEX and shared catalogs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Aug-05, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Attached is a set of patches I proposed on the original thread, which
> skips shared catalogs if the user running REINDEX is not an owner of
> it.  This is a behavior change, and as I have a hard time believing that
> anybody can take advantage of the current situation, I would like also
> to see this stuff back-patched, as anybody doing shared hosting of
> Postgres is most likely fixing the hole one way or another.  However, I
> am sure as well that many folks here would not like that.

I agree that it would be good to have it fixed in released versions, but
I also agree that such a change could cause trouble in production for
some.  Is the "no backpatch" idea that you will push this to both pg11
and master?  That would get my vote.