Re: Would like to help with documentation for Postgres 11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Would like to help with documentation for Postgres 11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
>> On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 11:50:40AM -0500, Michael Goldshteyn wrote:
>>> I would like to offer some help writing and improving the English
>>> documentation for some of the new features and changes in Postgres 11. If I
>>> can get an email of where such help would be appreciated, so I can choose a
>>> feature I am familiar with, I would be glad to help.
>
>> The documentation is expected to be commited with the feature, so what's
>> currently in place is expected to be adequate and accuate.
>
> There is, however, a fair amount of stuff that was written by people whose
> first language isn't English, and it shows.  So plain old copy-editing
> is surely welcome, if you have a mind to do that.

BTW, the CommitFest application seems not to pick up threads other
than in pgsql-hackers. This is usually fine. However if people want to
contribute document *only* patches and send it to pgsql-docs then
tries to register it into CF, the CF app does not recognize it. I am
not sure if this is intended behavior or not.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan