Re: Indicate anti-wraparound autovacuum inlog_autovacuum_min_duration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Indicate anti-wraparound autovacuum inlog_autovacuum_min_duration
Date
Re: Indicate anti-wraparound autovacuum in log_autovacuum_min_duration  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 09:38:38AM +0300, Sergei Kornilov wrote:
> Currently log_autovacuum_min_duration log message has no difference
> between regular autovacuum and to prevent wraparound autovacuum. There
> are important differences, for example, backend can automatically
> cancel regular autovacuum, but not anti-wraparound. I think it is
> useful indicate anti-wraparound in logs.

Yes, a bit more verbosity would be nice for that.  Using the term
"anti-wraparound" directly in the logs makes the most sense?

> Small patch attached. I am not sure can be anti-wraparound autovacuum
> not aggressive, so i leave all 4 variants.

The patch could be made simpler by using empty strings with a single
ereport() call.
--
Michael

Attachment