Re: Legacy GiST invalid tuples - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Legacy GiST invalid tuples
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Jul-04, Andres Freund wrote:

> > I think the soonest this can work is to add the column in pg12 so that
> > it can be used to upgrade to pg13.
>
> I don't think we can easily require that everyone pg_upgrading to v13+
> upgrades to v12 first?

We've never done that, I don't know if we can get away with it.
Upgrades with pg_upgrade are not cheap enough for that, methinks.
Maybe I'm wrong, but people complain even at a *single* pg_upgrade --
seems everybody wants in-place upgrades nowadays ...