Re: pgsql: Clarify use of temporary tables within partition trees - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Clarify use of temporary tables within partition trees
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 02:07:37PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I'd rather keep an elog(ERROR) than completely remove the check.

+1.

> Also, for the record, I think the subject line of Michael's commit
> message was pretty unclear about what it was actually doing.

How would you formulate it?  Perhaps the error message did not emphasize
enough on the fast that it actually blocked a behavior, say "Block mix
of temporary and permanent relations in partition trees" or such?
--
Michael

Attachment