Re: High WriteLatency RDS Postgres 9.3.20 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: High WriteLatency RDS Postgres 9.3.20
Date
Re: High WriteLatency RDS Postgres 9.3.20  (Juan Manuel Cuello <juanmacuello@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 2018-06-18 18:43:06 -0300, Juan Manuel Cuello wrote:
> I'm experiencing high WriteLatency levels in a Postgres server 9.3.20
> hosted in Amazon RDS.

A lot of performance improvements have been made since 9.3, and it'll
soon-ish be out of support.

If you can reproduce the issue on postgres proper, rather than a
modified version in an environment that precludes getting detailed data,
we might be able to sensibly help you further.

> So far it's been almost two months of investigation
> and people at AWS technical support don't seem to find the cause. I think
> it could be related to Postgres and the number of schema/tables in the
> database, that's why I post this issue here.

There've been improvements made since 9.3. Upgrade.

Greetings,

Andres Freund