Re: BUG #15213: unable to login on PostgreSQL by postgres user - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Arthur Zakirov
Subject Re: BUG #15213: unable to login on PostgreSQL by postgres user
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 07:32:38AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> [dhirsing@jira-stg ~]$ sudo -u postgres psql postgres
> [sudo] password for dhirsing:
> could not change directory to "/home/dhirsing"
> psql: FATAL:  database "postgres" does not exist
> DETAIL:  The database subdirectory "base/12950" is missing.

I think you missed postgres database directory. Can you check using a
file manager if the directory "base/12950" exists in your PGDATA?

If it is lost the only way is to restore your instance from a backup.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company