Re: ppc64le support in 9.3 branch? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: ppc64le support in 9.3 branch?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane 2018-03-23 <1219.1521831286@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> The compromise I'm inclined to offer is to see what happens if we
> back-patch 9.4's config.guess and config.sub.  If that makes these
> animals go green, and doesn't break any others, we'll call it good.
> Otherwise, we revert that change and say we're not putting any
> additional effort into it.

Fwiw, apt.postgresql.org has been building+regression testing 9.3 on
ppc64el on various Debian+Ubuntu releases for more than a year now.
The only requirement is updating config.guess/sub.

Christoph