Re: Fix for FETCH FIRST syntax problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Fix for FETCH FIRST syntax problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Peter Geoghegan (pg@bowt.ie) wrote:
> Whether or not Andrew's patch is formally classified as a bug fix is
> subjective. I'm inclined to accept it as a bug fix, but I also think
> that it shouldn't matter very much. The practical implication is that
> I don't think it's completely out of the question to back-patch, but
> AFAICT nobody else thinks it's out of the question anyway. Why bother
> debating something that's inconsequential?

Just to be clear, based on what I saw on IRC, this specifically came out
of someone complaining that it didn't work and caused difficulty for
them.  As such, my inclination on this would be to back-patch it, but
we'd need to be sure to test it and be confident that it won't break
things which worked before.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment