Re: pg_basebackup -k option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: pg_basebackup -k option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 10:46:37AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > The new pg_basebackup -k option stands for --no-verify-checksums.  That
> > is nearly the opposite of initdb -k, which is for enabling checksums.  I
> > think it could be confusing to have two related tools use the same
> > option letter for nearly opposite purposes.
>
> > How about using capital -K in pg_basebackup?  Or maybe it doesn't need a
> > short option at all.
>
> +1 for no short option.

Makes sense to me, I wasn't happy about the -k back then (and I think I
solicited feedback on that).

PFA a patch which should remove the short option.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Attachment