Re: Enhancement to psql command, feedback. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Enhancement to psql command, feedback.
Date
Re: Enhancement to psql command, feedback.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

* John McKown (john.archie.mckown@gmail.com) wrote:
> Again, this is just a discussion point. And I'm quite willing to admit
> defeat if most people don't think that it is worth the effort.

For my 2c, at least, I do think it'd be kind of neat to have, but we'd
need a fool-proof way to realize that's how we're being called and,
ideally, that would be something we could detect without having to have
special flags for psql which anyone writing such a script would have to
be aware of.

Do you know if there's a way to detect that we're being called this
way..?

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment