Re: authentication methods sections - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: authentication methods sections
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 10:21:03AM -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 4/14/18 17:20, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 2:37 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> > <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com
> > <mailto:peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I find that the section authentication methods
> >     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/auth-methods.html
> >     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/auth-methods.html>> is
> >     becoming harder to read and navigate, because we keep adding
> >     authentication methods and more information about them, and it's all on
> >     one HTML page.  I propose to move those sections up one level in the
> >     hierarchy so they end up on separate HTML pages.
> >

> > +1, that definitely seems like a good idea.
>
> pushed

Sorry for coming late here, but the patch which has been committed,
56811e57, results in a section which is completely empty:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/auth-methods.html

And all the authentication methods get listed here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/client-authentication.html

So I find the result even more confusing than the original.  Wouldn't it
be more simple to just remove "Authentication Methods" if the current
layer is kept?
--
Michael

Attachment