Re: Using base backup exclusion filters to reduce data transferredwith pg_rewind - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Using base backup exclusion filters to reduce data transferredwith pg_rewind
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 09:12:09PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Yeah, neither 2 or 3 really appeals to me.  Option 1 does touch a number
> of places but in a pretty straight-forward way- and if there's a typo
> there, the compiler is likely to complain, so it seems like the risk is
> relatively low.

One example of place which can be easily consolidated is pg_wal whose
definition is in xlog_internal.h.  And there are a couple of other
places which could be consolidated without major refactoring like what I
proposed initially on this thread.  I would suggest to focus on this
effort on a separate thread later on.
--
Michael

Attachment