Re: Should from_collapse be switched off? (queries 10 times faster) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Peter
Subject Re: Should from_collapse be switched off? (queries 10 times faster)
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 10:14:19AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

! It's conceivable that the OP's problem is actually planning time
! (if the query joins sufficiently many tables) and that restricting
! the cost of the join plan search is really what he needs to do.

Negative. Plnning time 10 to 27 ms. Execution time 600 to 6300 ms.

! Lacking any further information about the problem, we can't say.
! We can, however, point to
! https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions
! concerning how to ask this type of question effectively.

I strongly hope the data that I sent as followup will now
suffice Your expectations.

rgds,
PMc