Re: pg_get_functiondef forgets about most GUC_LIST_INPUT GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_get_functiondef forgets about most GUC_LIST_INPUT GUCs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 01:33:51PM +0300, Arthur Zakirov wrote:
> I think your approach has a vulnerability too. I believe that a
> non GUC_LIST_INPUT extension GUC which was used to create a function may
> become GUC_LIST_INPUT variable. If I'm not mistaken nothing stops from
> that. In this case values in proconfigislist won't be valide anymore.

I don't understand what you mean here.  Are you referring to a custom
GUC which was initially declared as not being a list, but became a list
after a plugin upgrade with the same name?  Isn't the author to blame in
this case?
--
Michael

Attachment