Re: Too many .history file in pg_xlog takes lots of space - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Too many .history file in pg_xlog takes lots of space
Date
List pgsql-performance
彭昱傑 wrote:

> My postgre version is 9.4.9, and I face a space issue.

Latest in 9.4 is 9.4.17, so you're missing about two years of bug fixes.

> Every time I restart postgre server, it generates a new history file:

That's strange -- it shouldn't happen ... sounds like you're causing a
crash each time you restart.  Are you using immediate mode in shutdown
maybe?  If so, don't; use fast mode instead.