Re: Packaging issue for 9.5-based packages - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Packaging issue for 9.5-based packages
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Aaron Pavely 2018-02-09 <CAGs4muWPCYg+rGtG+n9Ta8S85Z69LChLaWHzPwvr_53Vnt8euw@mail.gmail.com>
> The version uploaded this week for PGDG's current postgresql-9.5 package
> set is '9.5.10-2~35.gitb212664', and appears to contain 9.5.10 binaries.

Oops.

I had updated all git branches with the new version, and also pushed
git tags for all of them, but it seems I had forgotten to push the 9.5
branch, so when building 9.5, jenkins picked up the 9.5.10-2 version
which was previously in debian/changelog. Sorry for not noticing that
when promoting the packages.

I'll see if I can put a safety lock in place that prevents the
promotion of ~snapshot versions to the live distributions.

9.5.11-1 has been built properly now. Thanks for spotting!

Christoph