Re: BUG #15023: problem with pg_statistic - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #15023: problem with pg_statistic
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 06:10:15PM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> In any case, this seems like a case of data corruption, possibly due to
> a bug (not sure which PostgreSQL version you're using) hardware failure
> or misconfiguration (e.g. system not handling fsync correctly).

Duplicated rows could be caused by the freeze-the-dead bug as well,
which is not released yet (doesn't fix duplicated existing rows
anyway). It may be possible to get rid of this problem by removing
manually duplicated rows by tid matching.

> If that's the case, I'd suspect there are other corrupted tables.

That's likely possible, and impossible to say with this amount of
information. In this case, what you should do first is stop your server,
take a deep breath, and then read the following guidelines:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Corruption
--
Michael

Attachment