Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 06:54:23PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> If the only problem is that buildfarm would run tests twice, then I
> think we should just press forward with this regardless of that: it
> seems a chicken-and-egg problem, because buildfarm cannot be upgraded to
> use some new test method if the method doesn't exist yet.  As a
> solution, let's just live with some run duplication for a period until
> the machines are upgraded to a future buildfarm client code.
>
> If there are other problems, let's see what they are so that we can fix
> them.

The main complain I received about this move of the pg_upgrade tests to
be a TAP one is that they don't support easily cross-major version
upgrades, removing some abilities to what a developer or the builfarm
can actually do. Making this possible would require first some
refactoring of PostgresNode.pm so as a node is aware of the binary paths
it uses to be able to manipulate multiple instances with different
install paths at the same time.
--
Michael

Attachment