Re: Missing column_constraint explanation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Missing column_constraint explanation
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 09:06:22PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I'm not really sure that we want to go there for this case though.
> Perhaps others disagree, but that seems like a lot to avoid this
> particular duplication, which really isn't all that bad.
>
> This patch also seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle of things, but
> it still applies cleanly and I took another look at it today and it
> looks good to me, so I'm going to stick it in the CF and mark it as
> Needs Review for now.  Perhaps someone else can give it another
> once-over to make sure everything looks good and, if so, mark it as
> Ready for Committer and then I'll take care of it.

I may be missing something, but no patch is attached to this
thread. Honestly I think that duplicating this code should be avoided,
and the patch to produce is not that complicated technically. So are you
planning to just duplicate hte definitions in CREATE TABLE to ALTER
TABLE? This is a recipy for forgetting updates in the future on one
page or the other...
--
Michael

Attachment