Re: Missing WAL file after running pg_rewind - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Missing WAL file after running pg_rewind
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 09:44:25PM +0000, Dylan Luong wrote:
> The file  exist in the archive directory of the old master but it is
> for the previous timeline, ie 5 and not 6, ie
> 0000000500000383000000BE. Can I just rename the file to 6 timeline? Ie
> 0000000600000383000000BE

What are the contents of the history file for this new timeline? You are
looking at 00000006.history which should be archived as well. You could
do that assuming that WAL has forked on this segment at promotion as
both segments would have the same contents up to the point where WAL has
forked.
--
Michael

Attachment