From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: @postgresql is now live
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Greetings,

* Marcin Cieslak (saper@saper.info) wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2018, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> > Maybe: we’ve been focused on getting it up and developing content,
> > that in all honesty it did not cross my mind.  Is there precedent
> > for an announcement of this nature?
>
> Would it be difficult to maintain also a Mastodon account (with
> possibility to post 500 characters)? I am only not sure
> which instance should we pick (there are over one thousand of them...)

Well, one of the cool things about Mastodon is that we could actually
run our own instance of it and that's been discussed before.  If there's
enough interest, we could put some effort into it, the unfortuante thing
is that it's a stack that we (pginfra) aren't terribly familiar with
(or, well, maybe not 'keen' on it would be more accurate..).

> Some general info is available at https://joinmastodon.org
> After all, all instances run on PostgreSQL.

Yes..  with that thing on top of PG. ;)

> Of course, I am happy to help with this if needed!

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment