Re: [HACKERS] WAL logging problem in 9.4.3? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

<CAB7nPqSqukqS5Xx6_6KEk53eRy5ObdvaNG-5aN_4cE8=gTeOdg@mail.gmail.com>
wrotein <20170913.174239.25978735.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>

> > > # to did...
>
> It's horrid to see that:p
>
> > > The patch is broken by filterdiff so I send a new patch made
> > > directly by git format-patch. I confirmed that a build completes
> > > with applying this.
> >
> > To my surprise this patch still applies but fails recovery tests. I am
> > bumping it to next CF, for what will be its 8th registration as it is
> > for a bug fix, switching the status to "waiting on author".
>
> Thank you for checking that. I saw maybe the same failure. It
> occurred when visibilitymap_set() is called with heapBuf =
> InvalidBuffer during recovery. Checking pendingSyncs and
> no_pending_sync before the elog fixes it. Anyway the DEBUG2 elogs
> are to removed before committing. They are just to look how it
> works.
>
> The attached patch applies on the current HEAD and passes all
> recovery tests.

This is currently marked as 'waiting on author' in the CF app, but it
sounds like it should be 'Needs review'.  If that's the case, please
update the CF app accordingly.  If you run into any issues with that,
let me know.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment